Friday, January 8, 2010

Sharing My First Love

Upon a new decade, I realize unknown to many my writing sits in a corner of underdeveloped skills.

My first love and I met long ago from the first time I could write we were inseparable. We met often over hyperboles or short stories and as we grew older we focused more on prose and rhythm. We took a break and I admired others in our time apart. A piece of me would always wonder when we would meet again and pick up our love affair where we left off. I could always be myself with my love, uncensored, unrestricted, raw and vulnerable. Full of flaws, scratches and bruised from the world's ways and still my love embraced me and all of my transgressions. I've kept my love a secret, selfishly endulging every trait that draws me closer, ignoring the purpose of our love. The purpose of showing others that this type of love is capable through Christ for all. Now acknowledging our purpose I explore methods of communicating our love openly, sharing our moments with others as others have shared with us.

Welcome to our world, our love, our journey and I pray that through our purpose you are moved to seek your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment